Ottumwa Naval Air Station was constructed as a Naval Training Center during World War II. The facility, served as a primary flight training center. Former U.S. President Richard M. Nixon was stationed here. In October 1947, the Navy abandoned the air station, and sold it to the City of Ottumwa in September 1957. The station is now being turned into a museum documenting the history of naval air combat and the history of the air station.
14550 Terminal Ave
Ottumwa IA 52501
Stay up-to-date on what's happening in Ottumwa!