Published January 6, 2021
You've set your New Year's resolutions for 2021, and we're here to cheer you on! Whatever you've resolved to do for yourself, Ottumwa has so many ways to help you succeed!
1. Try something different. Want to be part of history? Tour the Antique AirPower Museum and then go to Eldon and have your picture taken at the American Gothic House. Got gamers in the family? Hit a new high score on some classic games at the Old School Pinball & Arcade. Want to see world-class shows and performers? Reserve your seats at Bridge View Center.
2. Experience a new culture. Ottumwa is where Iowa meets the world because families from more than 40 countries call our city home. While you explore Ottumwa, you’ll find some amazing ethnic restaurants, learn about our international festivals and interact with amazing people from all over the world.
3. Learn something new. Check out the Antique Airplane Association’s Air Power Museum and learn about our area’s aviation history. Wander through our art galleries and street art to see our creative side. Find out why we’re known as the Video Game Capital of the World. Trace our county history back to the early Native Americans who settled here.
4. Stress less. A weekend getaway in Ottumwa gives you all the attractions and amenities you want without the big-city pressures. Here you’ll find a slower pace of life, restaurants and shopping in our walkable Downtown and plenty of outdoor areas to explore.
5. Get outside more. Walk, run, bike and blade on our 16 miles of Wapello County Trail System. Hike around Pioneer Ridge Nature Area. Explore Downtown Ottumwa on foot. Take a walking tour of Ottumwa’s historic churches and historic districts. During the winter months, walk along the banks of the Des Moines River to find our Bald Eagles.
For more information about other ways you can keep your New Year’s resolutions while you’re in Ottumwa, visit greaterottumwacvb.org
Stay up-to-date on what's happening in Ottumwa!