Published December 1, 2022
Our local restaurants are the perfect place to start a new holiday tradition. Our cuisine is as diverse as our community is, so there are new cultural specialties to sample every time you visit.
Here are just a few ways to add warm drinks, snacks and meals to your next Ottumwa visit.
- Start at the Meet Ottumwa dining page, or stop in our office in the lobby of Bridge View Center for a restaurant guide to take with you.
- When you’re coming to town for a drive through Holiday Nights ’N Lights, come early enough for dinner while you’re waiting for sunset. All of our restaurants are located within 10-15 minutes of Greater Ottumwa Park.
- Stop for coffee and hot cocoa while you’re shopping our Main Street District. Our local coffee shops all support local nonprofit organizations, so you'll be making a difference while you sip.
- Add some international flair to your holidays - choose from Salvadorian, Guatemalan, Mexican street food, Chinese, Japanese, Greek and many more cultural cuisines.
- Take the family out for real-deal barbecue between our local holiday events. Click HERE to get started.
- It’s never too cold for sweet treats, and several of our local bakeries and ice cream shops are open year-round. Meet Ottumwa's dining page has all the details.
- Wrap up a day of holiday merriment by checking out the nightlife at our area bars, pubs and taverns.